I will no longer be posting on this blog. I moved it to Wordpress for a whole bunch of reasons. Both the old posts and new ones can be found there. I hope you will join me there as well!
Monday, 30 December 2013
2013 is almost done and it’s that time for resolutions for the New Year! I am both going to make separate blog about writing and reading resolutions. This one is going to be about reading. But first, before I begin, it might be interesting to have a small conclusion about 2013 in books:
- I have read 47 books this year, 20 more than last year
- The best book I’ve read was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- I started 10 new series and finished one of them. Out of those series, there is one I’m not going to continue and another I’m not yet certain about.
- The books with the prettiest cover I bought this year are Green Rider series by Kirsten Britain, The Fall of Arthur by J.R.R. Tolkien, Burial Rites by Hannah Kent and the 10 year anniversary edition of Eragon by Christopher Paolini.
- Read 55 books
- Buy less books and keep track of how many books I buy
- Finish more series
- Read The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien in English. I have read the series almost ten years ago in Dutch.
- Read more about mythology, which includes reading The Kalevala.
- Try to keep the to-read list to a minimum. I have 334 books on my Goodreads to-read list which is a bit overwhelming. I’m going to try to bring to remove the books I’m not super eager to read and keep it at around 100 or less.
- Read more indie/self-published books. Now that I have a Kindle, it is easier to get my hands on self-published books. I haven’t read any of them so far, though I have a couple on my Kindle that are waiting to be read.
These resolutions shouldn’t be too difficult to accomplish. The 55 books will depend a bit of how much time I have besides school and writing. Although I consider reading a part of the writer’s job.
I hope to get the writing resolutions blog up soon as well, but right now I’m studying for exams. It will be up at the latest at the end of January! Happy New Year everyone! May there be a lot of reading and writing waiting for you in 2014.